lunes, 11 de mayo de 2009

Analyse your work!



As our teachers have recommended us, I have been looking at all my portfolio work and, now, I am really surprised. I have compared the first writing I wrote at the beginning of First of Batxillerat with the last writing I have done. As I said, I have been really surprised because the maturity and the structure of the first writing were really poor. Moreover, I have noticed that I presented myself talking about my family, my pet… Nowadays, I think I will do it in a really different way. Now, I think I write with more maturity and with longer sentences. Besides, I use more vocabulary and I try to write as an English person. It means that I try to write typical English sentences (with a better structure).

Apart form the grammatical point of view, I would like to analyse my fluency because I know how many hours I spend to write a composition in First of Batxillerat and I know how much time I need now. One year ago, I spent most of the time I had to write thinking about what I wanted to write about and with what vocabulary. Nowadays, I write more quickly and the vocabulary came to my mind more quickly than before. Moreover, I think that, now, I am not afraid to use complicated structures and I am more self confident than before.

To conclude, I would like to say that if I hadn’t done this post I wouldn’t have noticed the importance of the famous “Practice”. Today I have seen that these two years of hard-working have been useful, because I can appreciate a clear improve of my English level.

1 comentario:

KST TEACHERS dijo...

I feel proud of you for this comment, Carles. It's not easy, at your age, to understand the importance of " practice "
Thank you